Monday, September 13, 2010

Progress and a finish




I am making progress on my scrappy stars. They are a bit hard to see, maybe that's why I have such a hard time with strips and scraps. It seems so busy. I am going to put a slim border around this set, and then make some stars that are just a bit bigger. That way I don't have to trim strips down any, and wont be wasting them. The bigger stars will go around this middle section.

At least......that is the plan, we'll see how it goes.

As for my finish, it is my Phires Compass. The wind was blowing a bit and pull and stretching it, but here it is. I just love the colors in this quilt.
******

On the forum news. We have a lovely black and white swap going on. I hope you were able to join us. Debbieann came up with a gorgeous quilt pattern for us to use with these layer cakes, if we want to.

Our mystery quilt weekend in coming up on Oct 2nd and 3rd. You don't want to miss that! The patterns are always fantastic.

We also have a secret Santa and a Christmas ornament swap going on. You can join us here and here.

Lots of fun going on. My household is getting ready for our first winter in our new home. We'll be getting SNOW! I can't wait!! I love snow, and so do my kids. And that thought wants me to get all my quilt tops, I think I have 15 now!, quilted. I think I need to learn machine quilting...

Have a great day!

Till next time,

Dorian

No comments: