Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rainy Day Blues

The rain is our Winter here in Far Northern California. I live down too low to get snow, although every once in a blue moon we'll get a half an inch or so. That hasn't happened for about 7yrs though. But our mountains are covered with the beautiful white stuff. And just looking at it makes me want to snuggle under a quilt or two.

I am in the process of making a window quilt. Our house is small, so there isn't much room for wall quilts. I need a new curtain on this particular window anyway, so why not make it a quilt! Then I have a cover for my window from the cool air trying to come in AND make a pretty for the 'wall'. I wont quilt this, just 'tack' it every so often, so it gets done and on the window, instead of getting put away with all my other quilt tops.

The round robins we are doing on the forum and coming along so nicely. I love seeing what borders people are putting on these. And the Gals doing the Easter bunny swaps are having fun deciding how they are going to decorate their fabric egg blocks.

We are also getting our charity quilts under way for this year. We've decided to cut back a few months, so that we have time to catch up. The quilt tops tend to pile up as they are all voluteer's doing the quilting and they only have so much time to devote to these. I so enjoy looking thru the albums though, and seeing all the pretty quilts we make for the three groups we donate them to.

Well that's all the news from my rainy part of the world. I hope all your machines are stitching nicely, and pretty things are being made.

Till next time.

Dorian

No comments: