Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Procrastinating...

How many of you do that? Procrastinate...that's what I am doing right now. I should be doing this:
But I hate trimming! Anyone else hate the process too?? I KNOW that trimming my blocks is the best thing, as then they are all prepped and pretty so they sew together more easily. But honestly, it is a B-O-R-I-N-G task.

So, instead I decided to come and do some chatting, and surfing. I need to update the album on our forum, for the Sweet Child charity quilts that we make. I love making quilts for those who need some extra love.

We have 3 different charity organizations that we donate to. Every month we make a quilt or two, all blocks, backing fabric and batting are lovingly donated by our members, and lovingly put together and quilted, by which ever member has the time and want to do it.

So far this year, we have made 20 quilts!! HURRAY!! We decided to take January off, to catch up. As last year we had SO many tops made. We needed to give the quilters time to catch up. We also decided that the months of Nov. and Dec. will be our catchup months from now on. As those two months is so busy for us crafters.

So back to my procastination....I've been having fun out in blog land lately. There is so much inspiration out there! Not only from other quilters/crafters, but also from nature, buildings, home decor, etc. I was looking on this blog http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/ AMAZING pictures of buildings in Europe. Look at all those patterns. Just gets the mind whirling with all the possibilities.

Another great blog for inspiration is http://lizzyhouse.typepad.com/cherry_house_quilts/ Has anyone bought Cherry's book, City Quilts? I haven't seen it yet, but there are lots of photos of her quilts, on her blog, that got inspired by the city around her. Just fantastic!!

I am slowly starting to see patterns everywhere I look. I don't have a quilt program for my computer yet. But I love to draw, so I keep a few sketch books and pens/pencils handy for any ideas.

Ok, I've procrastinated long enough....back to the cutting board!

Till nex time....

Dorian

1 comment:

The Quilt and Needle said...

Haha, I am a terrible procrastinator! The worst, really. Good luck getting that trimming done! - Jess