Monday, June 22, 2009

News from the Homefront

Hello fellow quilters!

Happy (belated) Father's Day to all our readers' fathers and husbands - and let's not forget our male quilters either! I celebrated the day by making my husband, Billy, his requested feast of Chicken Rotel Spaghetti and having friends over to share the evening with us! Both of our daughters called their Daddy on his special day! I spent a few moments reminiscing over the years spent with my father and then said a prayer in honor of his memory.

Our granddaughter Wren has been visiting with Gramma & Grandaddy this week. We went to Monkey Joe's Playland last week and I thought I would share a couple of photos from the fun afternoon!













Cherie from New Jersey, one of the forum members at the Quilt and Needle, shared a photo of a quilt top she just completed! It is the pattern "Best Friends in Spite Of" which is featured in the Benni Harper's Quilt Album book. It is so bright and crisp in the orange and white fabric combo! Love it, Cherie, thanks for sharing!
So until next time, remember: When all else fails, just fondle the fabric!
Cindy, aka MisisipiMenace, aka Miss Tassels


No comments: