Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Happenings

Hello!

We are all back from the Q&N Retreat in Tomball, Texas, and feeling happy and quilty and ready for more sewing fun. For those of you who have never thought of attending a quilting retreat, I have to say I was once one of you. Last year when I had recently joined the Quilt and Needle forums, I thought ... "look at these crazy ladies going to Texas just to sew with each other." Now I am one of them. ;-) I had a "fabulous" time and am already looking forward to next year! I hope you will consider joining us. When Jess posts sign-ups for next year, be sure to get your deposit in early to save your place.

To get to know some of us better, just drop in my favorite thread on the forums .. the "Good Day to You" thread and start posting ... http://www.thequiltandneedle.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=908&start=211&posts=215 This thread is my favorite because I love the idea that these quilters take the time to stop and say hello and keep up with what is happening in each other's quilty corners of the world. New members are always welcome.

For March Happenings ...

This Saturday, March 21st, for National Quilting Day we are having our third monthly "Sew For Yourself Saturday" here ...
http://www.thequiltandneedle.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=929&posts=12&start=1
To join us just stop into the thread and say hello and tell us what you are currently working on. We love pictures, too!

A little about me ...

I have been quilting constantly for the last three plus years when the nesting instinct hit in reverse and I decided my baby had to have a quilt made by Mom to take with her to the dorm when she went off to college. I bought a "learn to quilt" magazine; she picked out enough fat quarters and fabric for two quilt tops and the rest is history. I am a self-taught quilter and I have found the Quilt and Needle a very valuable resource for sharing tips and tricks and patterns and just friendship.

I also love to share my stash.

I am Pat; I am a fabriholic and I admit it. ;-)

Most recently I organized a large Sweet 16s Swap of flower fabrics. To see the eye candy fabrics we swapped, visit this album ... http://www.thequiltandneedle.com/forums/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=45 The last of the fabric is arriving at their new homes and soon I hope there will be quilt pictures added to this album.

For our next fabric swap I am taking suggestions and will be running a poll for the swappers choice. To get involved and to share your ideas, visit this thread ... http://www.thequiltandneedle.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=933&posts=2&start=1
You are most welcome to join us!

Keep checking the forum and this blog for new March Happenings soon to be announced!

Have a happy, quilty day ... :-) Pat

No comments: